2011 Vidcon Ticket Contest
Contest Rules and Regulations
Who Can Enter
1. All contestants must be legal residents of the United States who are at least 13 years of age or older and have lawful access to the Internet and valid (in good standing) YouTube & Twitter accounts.
2. Judges, Contest Sponsor, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible from entering this contest.
How To Enter
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. The contest begins April 17, 2011 and ends May 8, 2011 when the winners will be announced. Only one video may be submitted per contestant. The entry period begins Sunday April 17, 2011 at 12:01 am EST (GMT -5) and ends at 11:59 pm EST (GMT -5) on Saturday April 23, 2011.
4. Participants will need to make a video and upload it to their YouTube channel as the first step to entering. The title and tags of the video should include the phrase “Vidcon 2011 Ticket Contest”. Once the video URL has been obtained the entrant must @reply or DM the @YTGatherings (http://www.twitter.com/YTGatherings) Twitter account with the video URL and the phrase “Hi @YTGatherings, here is my Vidcon 2011 Ticket Contest Entry” to complete entry to the contest.
5. Videos should be no longer than 4 minutes long. The official time (length) of the video will be what is reflected on the YouTube player at time of entry. Participants agree that all content contained in their entry video is “their own”, ie, none is subject to copyright by any entity other than the contest participant themselves. The only exception that will be made is for content that is licensed under the Creative Commons license; content must be verified, permission to use obtained and proper attribution given based on the original copyright holders wishes.
6. Contestants may enter only once. Once a video has been submitted it cannot be altered in any way. If video is submitted via a “collab channel” or channel that represents more than one person, one individual must clearly identify himself or herself as the contest entrant to avoid any confusion during prize distribution.
7. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
8. Judging will be conducted in two rounds. Teams of 3 judges will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria in the first round: Originality, Sincerity, Creativity and Talent. Entries will be scored on a ‘1 to 10’ ranking system for each of the 4 criteria with 1 being Poor and 10 being Excellent. The top 15 videos will advance to the second round. In the second round, a panel of 5 judges will evaluate the top 15 entries as decided by the judging teams of the first round based on the same criteria of round one.
9. The judges for this contest and their links are listed below-
· DeniseVlogs – http://www.youtube.com/DeniseVlogs
· KoolJeffrey – http://www.youtube.com/kooljeffrey
· Olgakay – http://www.youtube.com/olgakay
· Tony aka projblogsphere – http://www.youtube.com/projectblogsphere
· Ann Spade – http://www.youtube.com/annspade
· Nikki aka the_nikster – http://www.youtube.com/psushgirl
· Jason aka Urgo6667 – http://www.youtube.com/urgo6667
· Littlepandaexpress – http://www.youtube.com/littlepandaexpress
· DJTLaC – http://www.youtube.com/djtlac
· Andrea – http://www.youtube.com/iloveloveshoes
· Damian – http://www.youtube.com/makemebad35
10. Judging announcements will be made at http://youtubegatherings.blogspot.com and http://twitter.com/YTGatherings
11. The prize for this contest is – 2 Community passes to the Vidcon 2011 Event (http://www.vidcon2011.com) taking place at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza July 29th & 30th 2011.
12. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner(s). The winner(s) cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
13. The winner(s) is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
14. Only one prize will be awarded.
16. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
17. Winner may need to disclose personal information to Sponsor in order to claim prize.
18. These giveaway rules are available online at http://youtubegatherings.blogspot.com or to obtain a copy via e-mail submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
19. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to amend or modify these rules as necessary.
20. By entering, participants represent that they are eligible, and agree (a) to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, (b) to release Sponsor, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize.
20. Contest is Sponsored by the Twitter account @YTGatherings – http://www.twitter.com/YTGatherings
The operator of the @YTGatherings Twitter account is @mattlaw. His links are as follows- http://www.youtube.com/mattlaw25 & http://www.twitter.com/mattlaw
He can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com.
All contest inquiries should be directed to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, which is the account of record for the @YTGatherings Twitter.